View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Saskia

Toots, I hope your neck continues to improve and especially hope that you have a totally delightful time in Portugal!

I had an interesting day - went on my first bus trip to a museum from the old folks place. I think I've mentioned that the people here are really nice. I still believe that but got a bit of a wake-up call. There are a couple of people who I think *might* potentially be listening to the AV. Not certain. I was sitting next to one elderly lady on the bus and she was frequently complaining about something - in this case the driver. Someone who has been here longer let slip that she was fairly certain this person is an alcoholic. This latter person has some family members who are alcoholics and said she can recognize it. If that's how we alcoholics behave when sober just for the day, I most definitely never ever ever want to drink again!

Trachey, how are you doing? Like your signature line - I've heard that "tanstaafl" is roughly" translated as "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch!"