Old 04-30-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

She also told me in an email today that I told the kids that it was her decision to get a divorce and that I would have liked to stay married. That was true then. It is not true now, I will correct that when I am with the kids next. But, she should tell them the truth that she does not want to be married to daddy anymore. Why not say that? It is a true statement. What would the other option be to tell them? Mommy wants her own house, just because. Crazy.
I think that statements like "Mommy does not want to be married to daddy" or whatever are loaded >I guess it is better than mommy is ******* crazy but still LOL <
It is unfair to put your kids in a position where in their young heads, they might see one parent as the "villain" who is breaking the family.
What about:
"Daddy and mommy have decided to go their separate ways but we still love you very much and are here for you. It is not your fault at all. Grown ups sometimes just change and become too different to live together"
or something like that.
Be as neutral as possible and make sure they understand it is not because they won't clean their rooms or argue with each others...not their fault