View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
noexcuse

Thank you, ZaB - that's exactly what I did, dodge a bullet. That does scare me a bit, because I know that some people have to get hit to get this, and I don't want to be one of those people. It could have really happened, and I didn't think that through. I have never felt fear like the fear I felt last night.

I went to court this morning on my husband's behalf to tell the judge that I am OK with him returning to our house. So he's coming home today for the first time in over a month. He has been sober since 3/23/15 - his drinking was indirectly involved with him being arrested. That was his last straw. We went out for coffee after court, and I told him, for the first time ever, that if he drinks again, I'm out. I know that seems hypocritical, considering I drank much more recently than that, but, as I said to him, this week scared the sh*t out of me and my sobriety is more important to me than he is to me. I know that there is no way I will stay sober if he is not, and with such a tenuous hold that I have on things right now, I can't risk it. We don't know whether or not we'll be able to stay together regardless if we're sober, but we certainly won't if we're not, and we'll definitely lose everything else in the process.