View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
amandamarie

Originally Posted by Ali2013 View Post
Perhaps I read this wrong. You lost her at 8 months old. Due to ....??? And now your boyfriend is calling the shots? I have a 7 year old. She is a difficult child. Very headstrong. But I would be damned if I let a boyfriend call the shots.
I was a heroin addict, and lost her because I could not keep a stable home. But she lived with my sister, and I always saw her. I let my boyfriend have input because he does treat her well, provide for her, and love her. We have been together a little over 3 years, and he has always accepted her. When my sisters boyfriend began using drugs, I was about to ask, and he just said, "Lets go get her." I believe he should have a say in what goes on in a home that he pays for. If he was in anyway mean to her I would not put up with that , but when it comes to discipline he is calm about it. She has hit, bit, and screamed at him, and he would just put her in the corner. Plus like I said the party was his present to her so I really have no say in what he gives her for her birthday.