View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by elaine45 View Post
I used to go to AA. I hate the part about making amends. I just think some things are better left unsaid, like sleeping around ect... I have done some crazy stuff drunk. Things that I have to hide. Also, I hate it when they talk about all the drunk times. Sometimes it makes me wanna drink. Also, I hate it when dudes hit on you, maybe the women's group would be best. I just never wanted AA. Maybe I am wrong and what else are we supposed to do? Church I suppose.
You obviously have not worked the steps with a sponsor or you would know about what amends are, how they are done and when they are not to be done directly.
The 9th step specifically states :"unless when to do so would injure them or others"... meaning that if you cheated on your partner and it would hurt him to hear about it then it is better not to say anything and just make a living amend by remaining sober and not cheating again.

I hate to tell you but with your recent DUI, the judge might just give you a choice between attending AA and jail time.