View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Evening all,

So I have reached the end of day twenty two. It was another down in the dumps day, but I think I may have latched onto something here. Business first, as usual.

Physically, my headache did come and visit with me - the whole blasted day. No amount of headache powders would take this unwelcome guest away. It did eventually bugger off this evening. I am feeling a little tired. I didn't get to my exercise. The handshakes are gone. The cheek numbness is also out this evening - time to lock the doors so it can't get back in. I was famished the whole day.

Mentally, not much of a challenge. I spent most of the day driving around to get building supplies and what not. Still playing online chess, which is a plus. Still reading voraciously. I am starting to realize that the emotional and mental aspects of our being are intertwined. I will have to put some thought into how to articulate this.

Emotionally, well it started off well, but by this evening I was an emotional basket case again. I feel happy with what I am doing around the house, it is sort of spoiling myself, but then I get depressed and sad when I think about my wife. I am not sure how to approach this situation. It is like walking through a blasted minefield.

So yet again I managed to bugger up the H in HALT. Although I have been famished the whole day, I did not eat until this evening. As the day wore on, the more the darkness set in. Once I had dinner though, and copious amounts of chocolate for desert, I calmed down and am now at ease again. I am wondering if blood sugar levels might have something to do with our emotional mood swings. I am going to turn myself into a lab rat and see what regular meals will do for these swings. As I said earlier, I might have latched onto something here.

So other than driving around getting building supplies and junk, I did something off the cuff today. I went and saw the fireplace people. They are coming in tomorrow to install a brand spanking new fireplace in the master bedroom. God how I love a fireplace, especially as we are going into autumn now. The builders are almost done. All the crete is removed. The wall is bricked up and plastered on one side. They need to plaster the other side tomorrow and to remove all the building rubble and clean up. I am so chuffed with the space in my kitchen. Instead of only getting the washing machine in under the counter, I can now put in a dishwasher and the tumble drier too.

The next thing to tackle is the blasted garden. The garden services are here on Friday and for once are going to earn their fee. They will have to redo the garden beds, pull out some of the rubbish that is there, replant some new stuff, re-grass the lawn. The list is endless. I am not actually sure what I am going to do with the house when I am done. Maybe I'll rent it out and get a new place. A few paper issues to be sorted first.

Well the cats have eventually crawled out from under the bed. They don't like the builders or the noise, so the poor brats have spent the past few days cowering under the bed. Stressful for them I am sure. At least they are lovable. There is utter rubbish on the television at the moment. Had to wait a bit for Ramsey's kitchen nightmares. I really love the cooking shows and cannot wait for all the renovations to be done so I can actually get to use my kitchen again.

Be safe and be strong,

Cheers,

ZAB