View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hello, friends!

Welcome , josephina2015 & amandamarie! Lovely to see you, biminiblue & VikingGF! – you’ve been missed! This is a safe place & we’re glad you’re all here!

Congratulations to Immri on 1 Wonderful Month of Sobriety, may it be the first of many! And to beautiful SarahB60 on 5 Fabulous Months, and the lovely Snoozy! on 22 Months! And because every day is a milestone, congratulations to all & thanks for being here and inspiring us all to keep at it, one day after the next!

Here’s the list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from April 27 to noon, April 28, New York local:

1newcreation
airwick
altoids
Alynn
Alysheba
amandamarie
amp123
AutumnWillow
BarbieKen
biminiblue
bluesky45
Bmac
Bubovski
BuddinK
Cascabel
ChloeRose63
Coco60
Coldfusion
courage2
DaneK
Dee74
Della1968
erfra7
EveryDay7
Findingtheway
ForMeForThem
FormerBeerLover
fromadistance
Gilmer
Goat
Goose1
goose333
Grateful11
growpath
grtgrandpa
HeartsAfire
Hevyn
immri
Jeni26
josephina2015
jsm273
Kaneda8888
least
MarathonMan
Marcher13
martina12
Meshelly
Midton
mystified
NoGoingBack
nymets86
PeppermintPatty
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
Solarion
sthlondonab
strategery
tgirl
tootsl1
twal
venuscat
VikingGF
VirginiaWoof
yukonm
zeppodog

The oak tree has tremendous strength and hard wood, and resists attack from disease. It is the sacred tree of Zeus and Thor.

Oak, possibly Quercus virginiana, the southern live oak. The Treaty Oak in Austin Texas is the last of a grove of 14 oaks that were a sacred meeting place for Comanche and Tonkawa Tribes. It was badly vandalized in 1989 but has survived and bears acorns again (Treaty Oak (Austin, Texas) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

I wish us all the strength of trees. See you here tomorrow!

P.S. Bobbi, my friend was rescued to Base Camp by helicopter but is still up pretty high – thanks for asking. There’s a lot of suffering there and I hope people all over the world will do what they can to help the people in Nepal.