View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by esinger View Post
I don't think anyone could give hard evidence that inpatient rehab is successful. I don't think that you can find any real evidence that any peer support treatment is all that successful. At least unbiased evidence. I do believe that any treatment is successful for those that have the true desire to succeed.

I went to inpatient and attended ** and have been sober for more than 2 1/2 years. The thing is, I was resolved to the fact that it was either stop drinking or loose all and probably die from it. I found the whole rehab experience quite ridiculous. It was a one size fits all carnival of ** mashed in with a bunch of fluff. There were a lot of different people there that needed a lot of different types of help but they were all fed the same medicine. The only thing that kept me sane though it all was finding the humor in the whole situation. It did have the desired effect of getting me out of a really hostile environment for a while.

The point is nothing works if you don't make it work. If your not willing to suffer for it you will never reap the benefit of any type of recovery, treatment, program or what ever you want to call it.

Are you trying to be provocative? What fun would it be if you weren't.

This post sums up the thread pretty well, imho.......
Again we get to the point of acceptance, willingness and readiness - coupled with the work.

Courage2, I just don't find any statistics on rehab vs peer to peer groups. Guess drunks don't raise their hands much for surveys.

(please note, I have replaced the initials of a recovery program with asterisks so as not to offend other members - the op did not do this. As a sidebar - I wonder how long before one may remove their thanks from a thanked post?)