Thread: Secrets
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

whether we follow a step-based program or some other path to recovery, one thing is pretty clearly reinforced in many courses of treatment, in general psychology and in paths of spiritual and soul maturity;

We need to release ourselves of 'secrets' in order to grow.

The weight of those secrets follows us, weighs us down and inhibits our progress emotionally, mentally, spiritually... until we open ourselves enough to finally let them flow out and put them down.

I've had some success in processing 'secrets' by simply confessing them out loud, in writing, to Spirit. But I also see that some of those still trouble me. I am working my way ever so gradually through the steps and am in the midst of step 4.... chipping away and realizing in the process that some things I'd been sure I'd 'let go' are still there.

I cannot say whether sharing them with another human being will be the thing that finally allows me to move on from them, but I figure it is worth a shot. So... step 5 will be the really tough one.... and perhaps the really critical one.

I can say for sure however that 'secrets' have weighed me down and kept me dragging negative self beliefs and feelings around for a long, long time.