View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

miracles do still happen

This past weekend I witnessed a miracle . . .well actually I've been witnessing a miracle for a little over 3 years now.

Some of you may remember me sharing about my eldest daughter and her struggles with this disease. She is 35 yrs old, with 3 beautiful children, extremely intelligent, a gorgeous smile, loving heart and a rap sheet a mile long. She is a self-proclaimed addict & alcoholic, been in jail multiple times, in-patient & out patient treatments multiple times. She lost custody of those precious 3 children and lost every ounce of self-respect she ever had.

I was powerless to help her. After many years in Al-Anon learning what I needed to know being married to her Dad (my now ex AH), I knew how to set boundaries. This program, my HP and my friends at SR helped me when she asked for a place to live in the middle of her chaos to tell her
"I love you and have enough respect for you to not take away your dignity. I love you enough to know that you can do this. Our house is not a healthy place for you & you can't get what you need to make you better here."

So fast forward many years later til this past Saturday, I attended an AA convention. My lovely daughter was one of the AA speakers with over 3 years continuous sobriety. You can see the peace, joy, serenity and hope in her eyes.
Six years ago, I was the Al-Anon speaker at this same convention and I spoke about allowing her to walk her own path.

Her miracle happen not because of anything I did or didn't do ~ it happened because she & her Higher Power worked it out.

I know how many of you, especially the parents suffer heartbreak over your children ~ how you still see them as those precious little boys & girls - with kool-ade mustaches & pigtails - but as much as they are our little ones ~ for me I had to learn that they belong to a Higher Power even more than me.

Prayerfully they will allow their will to meet with the will of their HP to walk a better path.

Never give up hope my friends ~ even when you have to distance yourself to take care of you ~

PINK HUGS (hope, unity, gratitude & serenity)