Old 04-27-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
CarmenLove

Originally Posted by ScubaDad View Post
I agree SisterBobby, I should have left her in jail. I know that now but at the time I was still in denial about who she really was. I know there is no way I could have handled this differently. I did what I thought was right and I will never have to think "what if?". I did what she should be doing now, I acted like a human being and tried to save my family. She is an alcoholic and probably mentally unbalanced. She may never be able to see how bad of a person she is. I know I did what was right and if she had an ounce of worth she would have appreciated it and never stopped repaying our family for all of us sticking by her. But she didn't and there is nothing I can do about that.

I now know without a doubt that she is not worth any amount of my effort. I think there is a very good chance that she will relapse. There is no way she is working her 12-step program with the kind of hateful behavior that she is demonstrating now. There is no "rigorous honesty" in her actions at all. It is 100% selfish. I think she will relapse and go down even farther than she did before. I will never help her in any way for any thing. She needs to learn how to handle her own life without me there to financially fix any mistakes. She is 44yo and can't seem to figure any of that out. I predict in a year she will either remarry and take that person's money or be on the street. It is all so pathetic.
So sorry!