Thread: Authenticity II
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

My dear friend fini...

Yes, I have a daughter... however, my daughter has a no-contact status, imposed by her and supported by my ex-wife, as of Feb 2014. Here is the thing:

When my ex-wife and I separated, our daughter decided to live with me and not her mom. (her mom cheated on me) There is a long story to my separation and divorce, which will not be discussed on this thread, thank you.

So anyways, my daughter had self-diagnosed herself , and her live in boyfriend, as having a type of Asperger's illness. I've been trying for about almost two years to have her medically examined for anxiety. She has refused. Her mom's opinion is she is an adult and has the right to not follow my suggestions. I told daughter and mother, who also last I knew of also has always refused competent medical consultation for depression/anxiety, I told them I will not support whatsoever and self-diagnoses. This earned me a no contact status. Actually done in a *****. and that she'll never change her mind. I tried twice over several months. No response.

There are more details, which again I wont be discussing in this thread, so please, everybody don't ask for more. I can tell you I'm not happy with what is going on with my daughter. She flourished with me. Yes there were some heavy times too. Nonetheless, we worked them out, and I supported her through private Art School. She dropped out her last year.

I know. I would discuss this normally, but under these circumstances, I won't be, as I'm sure you can all understand. So please, I'm all for praying for my daughter, but unless you keep prayers for her to your private thoughts, mentioning her will only bring me angst. So, with all respect, I'm asking everybody to please leave any thoughts and questions about her to yourself. She or her mother do not know of my illness. My daughter, whom I love, will be 25 in May. I'm thanking everybody in advance to leave this entire daughter and her mother relationship for an entirely different conversation. Thank you.

Robby