View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
feebell

Hi

Just wanted to give an update on me and my AM.

AM was kept in hospital for 1 week, she had severe ulcers in her bowel which they operated on to remove. Whilst in they also detoxed her. She has been sober now for 30 days and has attended 2 appointments at her recovery hub which she wanted to go to herself and is in the process of staring a program. She has also been in contact with the detox nurse which has given her the option to go on to anti-abuse which is a tablet she will be given 3 times a week by the chemist and if she consumes any type of alcohol whilst on this it will make her violently sick. Has anyone here had experienced with there A on anti-abuse??

She is doing well and taking it one day at a time, I'm happy that she seems to want to overcome this at the moment, however, she seems a little away with the fairies at times, I'm guessing this is a result of alcohol abuse?? To give an example her lying still seems to be in high function mode, she makes the most ridiculous things up!

I'm doing well, although I feel this real resentment towards my mum, although she's sober for the time being I have no real desire to be around her at all, which makes me sad as we use to be real close. I feel I've lost my "mum" 😢 is this normal?? I'm getting on with my life and enjoying things again and not worrying about her at all now.