View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Kaneda8888

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Hi Everyone!

It IS nice to see old friends here.

I even enjoyed visiting old friends in the forum's smilie garage. Hard to not smile in there, that's for sure.

Sounds like many are doing well at being sober. That's so amazing!

I am not sober, but I am not in a bad place. I've often wondered if I was an alcoholic, ever since I started here that long ago September. I don't think I am, which is why moderation has always been such temptation for me. Still, I think I am dependent on alcohol, which is just as harmful to my spirit as alcoholism.

I can have two beers and be done. No embarrassing moments, no blackouts. When I'm home though, I need a drink in my hand. Any chance I get to have a glass of wine, I take it. Not to excess, but definitely a hit on the drug. I'm weird. If it were classic alcoholism, it would be easier for me to see the light.

So, here I go again on the sober train. I just got a promotion this month and I need to get sharp. Today is day 1. I'll go see if April 2015 is a fun group like this one. Those a big shoes to fill.

The real bummer is that when I was sober before, I lost 25 pounds and now it's back. Why couldn't it stay lost? Here is chubby Lillian...

I'd like that clear look that Melina was just talking about. I remember how great that felt. Skin bright, eyes sharp, lovely feeling in the morning. And my clothes fit!

My love to you all. I think of this group often and I thank you for being who you are. It's inspirational.
Hey Lillian

Wonderful to hear from you ! Your career sounds like its going really well which is great as I remember you had that glass ceiling issue.

Hmm, not sure about your drinking. You sound a lot like my sis to be honest. She has to have a drink every night. Has to. Usually 2-3 beers and then she is done. On the odd occasion, she will go to a social event and get waxed. The reason she drinks beer is that it fills her up and she cant handle a greater volume. I am not sure if she is an alcoholic or problem drinker. Her ex drove her crazy; she told me of the huge anger and resentment she had towards him. They just separated last September which I think was a major release of stress. I've never seen her drunk but I do see her with a beer all the time. I think she has fanatical self control....

Anyway, back to you. At the end of the day, if you think its a problem, then its a problem ! I always harp on about a recovery plan as I just cant figure out any other way of staying abstinent. The point of the recovery plan is to change your habits and outlook. Consequently, there isnt one size that fits all. Do give it some thought and of course, bounce your ideas here !

Stay close !