View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Evening all,

So, I have reached the end of day twenty. To add to that, this has been my third sober weekend.

Without further ado, let's get the business end out of the way.

Physically, I am fine. I did get a headache during the day, but after taking something, it has gone and not come back. I feel tired. Normal as it is 22:15 here. The numbness in my cheek is there. I have not done the hand shaking test this evening, but there are no shakes if I just hold my hand out. Appetite is great. Chocolate craving is back. Smoking has its ups and downs, but in general I am smoking less than a pack of twenty a day. Hard to believe from the four packs of twenty a day three weeks ago. I am sticking to my self imposed ban of not smoking in the car or the house. I only had that one lapse on the first morning of the ban. Muscles are feeling good and I am looking forward to tomorrow evenings exercise.

Mentally, it was a good day. I didn't really have to think with the tasks that I had to do today. I did read quite a bit. So there is a plus. I am still playing online chess. I like the games that have no time limit.

Emotionally it ha been a so so day. Neither here nor there. I find that if I don't like the emotion at the time that I am able to change my train of thought and get to a new or neutral emotion. This does not mean that the original emotion does not come back, but simply that I have a small means of control over it now.

I did spoil myself with a greasy breakfast this morning. It was just the thing I needed to get my butt into gear for the day. I replaced the headlight bulbs on my car, cleaned the fish tank, did some grocery shopping, packed some things away and did a few house repairs. I guess that takes care of my five tasks for the day. To end it off, I took myself out for a steak dinner and some NA beers. Not a bad end to the weekend.

I finished the book I was reading. I love kindle. The book that I was reading is another running book. I have got to say, the Americans are lucky in that they are really spoilt for choice when it comes to ultra marathons. We really don't have much here in SA. I am finding solace in the books that I am reading. These people's stories resonate with me being a former long distance runner. So I understand the peace and solitude of the long run. There is something special to be said for trying to conquer oneself. I will try to explain that in a later post.

Well the cats are here and dozing. I have to get up early for the builders. Tomorrow is going to be fun and games. Strangely, I am excited about it all. If this were a few weeks back, I would be dreading the whole thing.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB