View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lucybb

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post
I also explained what the point of sharing my story was...I would like to help others learn from my experience. And to receive support from those who have support to share.
I agree that this group is tough. I thought it was a support forum and I agree that it is a place to share and learn from each other's experiences, offer support and suggestions and just let people know that they are heard. Instead, I am finding that much of the responses lately are just criticisms - we don't come here to get crapped on.

Pippi, I agree that 2 is not a pattern and it is good to hear about how others have been fooled at first. I like to hear folks share what the early warning signs were that they dismissed or minimized at first - it is a good lesson for what to watch out for in the future. But the thing about people who are abusive, or have a personality disorder or addiction, is that they are great at hiding it at first and there is no point is being really hard on yourself for being fooled - tons of people are.

Would you share what your early warning signs were? I just separated from my STBXAH and need a good long break, but one day I hope to date again and I want to learn as much as I can before I do about what to keep my eyes open for.