View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
I feel really good about not drinking but my emotions are everywhere- mainly anger. Last night I heard some really great music and I was smiling ear to ear and I realized how much I missed smiling instead of angrily judging everyone all the time.
Music is just the best, isn't it?!! I hear you about the emotions too.

I've read anger is the hallmark of addiction...or something along those lines. I'm no expert in it for certain....I just know that anger feels more powerful than vulnerability. Anger pushes away other icky feelings and I find myself slipping into anger quickly sometimes. That's my own insecurity talking - it feels better to be mad than hurt.

And even worse is swallowing the hurt - in whatever form. Pride or alcohol. Sweep, sweep, sweep under the carpet. And when I'm done sweeping - the hurt is still there because I've never addressed it.

I see the problem. I even know how to resolve it. Doing it....well, I'm a work in progress just like everyone else on the planet.

Like I tell my teen daughters when they tell me they don't know how to do something...."No honey, you don't know how to do it yet".

I'm going to give meditation a try.

Hugs, Lill!
Thank you Melina ~ I'll take those hugs and send them right back to you hon. Really happy to see where you're going.