View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi Everyone!

It IS nice to see old friends here.

I even enjoyed visiting old friends in the forum's smilie garage. Hard to not smile in there, that's for sure.

Sounds like many are doing well at being sober. That's so amazing!

I am not sober, but I am not in a bad place. I've often wondered if I was an alcoholic, ever since I started here that long ago September. I don't think I am, which is why moderation has always been such temptation for me. Still, I think I am dependent on alcohol, which is just as harmful to my spirit as alcoholism.

I can have two beers and be done. No embarrassing moments, no blackouts. When I'm home though, I need a drink in my hand. Any chance I get to have a glass of wine, I take it. Not to excess, but definitely a hit on the drug. I'm weird. If it were classic alcoholism, it would be easier for me to see the light.

So, here I go again on the sober train. I just got a promotion this month and I need to get sharp. Today is day 1. I'll go see if April 2015 is a fun group like this one. Those a big shoes to fill.

The real bummer is that when I was sober before, I lost 25 pounds and now it's back. Why couldn't it stay lost? Here is chubby Lillian...

I'd like that clear look that Melina was just talking about. I remember how great that felt. Skin bright, eyes sharp, lovely feeling in the morning. And my clothes fit!

My love to you all. I think of this group often and I thank you for being who you are. It's inspirational.