View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JessicaNAJ

What do you think?

AH asked me Friday if I was seeing someone from work. As most of you know, we have been seperated since April or May of last year (each of us needed to work on ourselves) and he has not drank since March 7th of this year.

I was floored when he asked me that question (which he's asked about 3 or 4 other times since we've been seperated) - like any one would want me anyway. He said, "Well, it's been a year and four months since we've "been" together." So I guess he just finds it hard to believe that I don't need to "be" with him (or any man for that matter) in that way. Whatever.... It's not like I ever enjoyed it anyway.

I think I may be reading too much into why he asked. At first I thought maybe he was just feeling insecure and needed some reassurance that I was still "his wife" <- that's what he said. Now I'm thinking that maybe he's wanting to go out and find someone to "be" with.

What do you think? Could there be some kind of control, manipulating on his part that I'm not seeing? Could he be sincere and genuinely worried? Or, could he be looking for a way to get what he wants from someone else and hoping he can blame me....."well, you did it....so can I".

OR should I just say.......it's not worth worrying about?

I'm just curious what you think.