Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Good on ya for 5 months! And for seeing ya gotta learn how to deal with stress, something I had to learn a lot about.
One thing I learned is tere was a LOT of stuff I turned into mountains tat were actually mole hills. So keeping them mole hills helped.
Then prioritize what needs doing. Take care of what I can and let go of what I can't.

Stress management

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As he raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the " half empty half full" question. Instead,with a smile on his face, he asked," how heavy is this glass of water."
Answers called out ranged from 8-20 ounces.
He replied," the absolute weight doesnt matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold if for an hour I have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it the heavier it becomes."
He continued," the stresses and worries of life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a little longer and they begin to hurt. And think about them all day and you'll feel paralyzed and incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down.