View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
CousinA
Friend of Jimmy B

I didn't go so much as I was brought. My family had an intervention and I didn't know at the time that alcohol and drugs had beaten me into s state of reasonableness, but stayed 7 weeks. They gave me a toothbrush and a Big Book, both of which I really needed and brought in AA meetings where I began to hear the message of AA and that maybe another way was possible. I'm one of those that had to be separated from the substance and also the people and places for a time.

I also met a woman who also got sober young about 20 years earlier in the same part of NYC that I did the worst of my drinking. I had just turned 22 I think she was 21 when she got sober (it's a long time ago and memory fails). She got me and I got that she got me. One alcoholic sharing with another, right?

They suggested I go to a half way house where they told me to get a job and and sponsor. What?!?!? Anyway, the job kind of sucked but my first sponsor G helped save my life.

Anyway, it's beautiful here this morning so I'm done with y'all - for now. I'm going for a walk.

-allan