Old 04-25-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CarmenLove

I'm Ready To Divorce And Yet Don't Know Where To Start

So I decided today. I am done done.

I am ready to divorce.

However I do not currently have the £400 odd it costs here in the UK. I've read around a bit and it looks as though you cannot get legal aid anymore.

I also need to order a copy of the marriage certificate. I have a feeling he removed it from my stuff before I collected it.

Our situation is relatively simple compared to some, there are no children or no real assets to speak of. He currently has the car, however he can keep it if it means I can be released from this easily.

I am unsure whether to do a DIT Divorce and apply to the courts myself. The petition looks relatively simple.

The only complication might be his denial that he is using (my reason for divorcing him). The marriage has broken down irretrievably. I also suspect adultery (however how could I prove that??).

There is a record of him being admitted to hospital in October when he attempted detox from H, and there is also a fairly long medical record of him using a methadone substitute (he slipped through the net somehow and they forgot to take him off it!). However I do not know the details of exactly when they stopped prescribing that.

I have NO experience of this kind of thing and feel unsure about where to start.