View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Evening all,

So I have made it to the end of day eighteen. When I wake up tomorrow, I will be into my third sober weekend.

Physically I am tired. The headache from this morning did come and then faded away just like yesterday. I didn't take anything for it and it has not returned. Appetite was good the whole day and into this evening. The numbness in my cheek is only just noticeable. The only way to see the hand shakes now is by resting my wrists on my laptop with my fingers pointing to the sky. If I just hold my hands out, there is no shake at all. My butt and leg muscles while not sore, are noticeable. This is a good sign, as it means that the recovery period is getting less.

Mentally it was a good day for me. Aside from the meetings, I managed to get all of next weeks work done this afternoon. So my leave has been approved. Clarity and focus of thought seem to be the norm now rather than the exception.

Emotionally it was a pretty stable day. Other than a few uneasy twinges here and there, I was pretty ok.

The builder who is going to take out the crete pitched this afternoon. I was very chuffed with haggling skills. He is going to take out all the crete in my lounge, passageways, kitchen and bathrooms. He is also going to take out the wall and brick up a door and some minor building work for out 60% of what he initially wanted. I feel great as even his initial price was way less than what I had budgeted for. Now I need to get the tiler in on Wednesday or Thursday to do his bit. Things are coming along nicely on the house front.

Started reading a new motivational book this evening - Running on empty. Yes another runners story. Although this guy was not an addict in our sense, he did have other issues that we can relate to. First he ran away from emotions that were too difficult to relate to. Then he ran from conflict. Later on he ran from wives. Bugger me, I can understand why he is considered one of the ultra marathon greats with all the running he did. Still a good read though as there is something to learn. He pulls no punches for his behavior or his steadfast determination to do exactly what he wants. Not very conducive to family life at all. Unfortunately it took him thirty odd years of running to realize this. I am not sure if he is trying to convey the fact - it is never to late? I will have to finish the book first to see.

Anyway, I am going to carry on reading. Maybe I will have a NA beer and try to watch a movie on the Telly. Either way, it will just be a lazy Friday evening. At least I will wake up with a clear head tomorrow morning.

Be safe and be strong,

Cheers,

ZAB