View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Morning all,

So I have made it to the start of day eighteen and am fast approaching my third sober weekend.

Physically, I am a little tired. I slept ok. Fell asleep easily enough, but woke before the alarm clock again. I didn't have a headache this morning, but it is slowly coming on as I sit here at work and write this post. I hope it will be like yesterday and just fade away on its own. I am going to try and ride it out. The numbness of the cheek is still with me. the hand shakes are still here. I have a good appetite, and I feel famished. My butt and leg muscles are sore this morning, but it is a pleasant sore.

Mentally, I feel fine. My brain is firing on all cylinders. I am able to build logical arguments in my mind. It is a great feeling to be able to follow the actual progression from premise to conclusion and not find any flaws. I am still reading a lot, but more motivational stuff now. I have to consciously stop myself every now and then to remind myself to live in and enjoy the moment, regardless of whether it is a good or bad moment.

Emotionally, I feel calm. I do have a few twinges every now and then, but I am letting my heart reconcile itself to my mind in its own time. This facet of our being is the one that requires the most patience and time to heal. There is no point chasing or trying to control it, but there is also no point in just giving in to it either.

Today is going to be one of those days. Although it is Friday, I have blasted project meetings scheduled for most of the morning. I am not looking forward to these meetings as they are centred around projects that are doing poorly due to bad engineering management. These meetings usually descend into hell, with a bunch of people trying their best to defend why they have not done their work. Unfortunately, it is my job at the moment to pull their defences to pieces and bring the projects back onto track. Not the nicest thing to do on a Friday.

It is almost weekend, and I am looking forward to it. The builders are coming in later this afternoon to give me quotes for the work around the house. I am actually quite excited about this. I have some ideas in my head on how I want the finished product to look. I have done my homework and in true engineering perfection have already completed the design work for the tile layout. I am hoping that the builders can really carry this out for me.

So this is where I am at this morning.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers

ZAB