Thread: I call BS
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MesaMan

As a Wee Bastid, I loved 'Atomic Fireballs'. Hot they be...

Easy for me to tell ya now, but you're not missing much by not having had 'Fireball Whisky'. Kinda harsh. CleverAzz me thought I would smell only of Cinnamon when I was burning through a 1.75 L 'Handle' of it every 3, then 2, days. Actually, you wind up smelling like a serious Drunk who then pops an Atomic Fireball Candy into your Mouth. I also took to eating Cinnamon Candies to attempt Breath Camouflage while Hammered. So many great ideas. So little time.. .-)

I made some lame excuse one morning to go to the Grocery Store. I killed the carefully-dispensed last portion of one Fireball Handle 'Inventoried' in my SUV, and passed out cold in the Grocery Store Parking Lot around 8:15. That would be A.M.. I swallowed by 'Glugs'. 2 or 3 Glugs were to maintain my Stupor. 4 or 5 Glugs were to get pretty high beyond what I already was. After waking from a lil ~45 minute Blackout, I went into the Liquor Store adjacent to buy another Handle. I set it down. The Chinese Gal/Co-Owner suddenly swiped it off the Counter. I was stunned! She said 'We no sell you when you smell like Alcohol'! I mumbled some excuse, and walked out totally Gobsmacked.

One of many Wake-Up Calls in my Final Drinking Daze that added up to this 'Hard Liquor Only' Guy finally taking action to Man Up and Sober Up.

I make a point to recall one thing daily that reminds me of my rampant Drinking Stupidity. Thank you for causing me to recall this Tale. Now, my Daily Recall Quota is complete.

Never again.
-