View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mrrryah1

Day 2 - April 22, 2015

NEW SOIL . . . NEW ROOTS
Moments of perception can build into a lifetime of spiritual serenity, as I have excellent reason to know. Roots of reality, supplanting the neurotic under- brush, will hold fast despite the high winds of the forces which would destroy us, or which we would use to destroy ourselves.
— AS BILL SEES IT, p. 173

I came to A.A. green-a seedling quivering with exposed taproots. It was for survival but it was a beginning. I stretched, developed, twisted, but with the help of others, my spirit eventually burst up from the roots. I was free. I acted, withered, went inside, prayed, acted again, understood anew, as one moment of perception struck. Up from my roots, spirit-arms lengthened into strong, green shoots: high-springing servants stepping skyward.

Here on earth God unconditionally continues the legacy of higher love. My A.A. life put me "on a different footing . . . [my] roots grasped a new soil" ( Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 12)

OK. Well, firstly I suppose this reading brings me hope. I am definitely a quivering seedling coming back to sobriety this time. To think about my roots & spirit arms lengthening brings me hope.

I'm thinking about "moments of perception can build into a lifetime of spiritual serenity" and what they might have meant when they said that. I wonder if I couldn't replace the word "perception" with "acceptance". If I am in perception that I don't have the power to control/change most things, that there is a loving, guiding force at work, this perception will lead me to feel acceptance, leading to spiritual serenity.

Good post for today anyways.

************************************************** *****'

God, Higher Power, whatever is up there. Please help me to see the light, to continue to have hope in the program of AA and faith in you. Help me to grow my spiritual roots, to extend my spiritual branches, to become closer to you. Please be with me throughout this day and help me to remain sober. For all of the gifts you have given me, I give my sincerest thanks. Amen.