View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hello, friends!

It’s great to see you, Altoids!! To everyone, this is a safe place & we’re glad you’re all here!

Congratulations to all our wonderful milestoners, the fabulous FaithfulandFree with 1 Great Month, may it be the first of many; the powerhouse NoGoingBack with 2 Terrific Months; the tremendous Vandermast with 4 Amazing Months on April 23, and all those over-one-year winners, Kris47 with 15 Months, Cascabel with 17 months, Seanie1999 with 22 Months, FormerBeerLover with 70 Months, and MountainManBob with 90 Miraculous Months!!! WOW!!! And congratulations to everyone, because every day is a milestone. Thanks for being here and inspiring us all to keep at it, one day after the next!

Here’s the list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from April 21 to noon, April 22, New York local. Man-oh-man, that's a lot of commitment!

1newcreation
439trish
airwick
altoids
Alynn
amp123
ardy
AutumnWillow
BarbieKen
Bmac
Bubovski
BuddinK
Cascabel
ChloeRose63
Coco60
Coldfusion
courage2
DaneK
Dee74
Della1968
erfra7
FaithfulAndFree
Findingtheway
FormerBeerLover
fromadistance
Gilmer
Goat
goose333
Grateful11
growpath
grtgrandpa
halfvictory
HeartsAfire
Hevyn
immri
Ipanema
JaneLane
Jeni26
jsm273
Justincredible
Kaneda8888
Kris47
least
MarathonMan
Marcher13
Meshelly
Midton
mystified
nmd
NoGoingBack
nymets86
Pouncer
Purpleknight
sean0621
SoberLeigh
SoberRunner
soberwolf
Solarion
sthlondonab
strategery
TennantSmith
tgirl
Trees39
twal
venuscat
VikingGF
zeppodog

This is just so incredible I have to share it. My son, while frog-hunting, spotted the International Space Station. It turns out that it’s pretty easy to see with the naked eye at the right time on a clear night. It’s the 3rd brightest object in the night sky. According to NASA, “The space station looks like a fast-moving plane in the sky, but it is dozens of times higher than any airplane and traveling thousands of miles an hour faster. It is bright enough that it can even be seen from the middle of a city.”

I seem to have missed out on the ISS due to a couple of decades I spent underneath a bottle, but I plan to start looking out for it. You can even get email alerts that it’s passing overhead – see this site: NASA - Spot The Station

I hope your orbit brings you back here tomorrow!