View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MatildaRose

It's been a month since my Nasty, life threaten (but brief) relapse. I went into seizure and stopped breathing in the middle of the night. Thank God my husband was awake and saw my body go stiff. When the ambulance drivers arrived they were having trouble getting me downstairs. They ended up carrying me part of the way with my arms overhead and all my weight on my rotary cuffs. I was doing Physical Therapy for a broken shoulder and that was also reinjured. Now I have torn rotary cuffs and can barely move my arms. They did save my life and I am very grateful to them for that!Getting into our high up, off the floor, Cannon ball bed is impossible. The pain is so bad at night that if I sleep for 15 or 20 mins. I feel lucky. I just wonder how much is lack of sleep be because of pain and how much is from the sleep being disrupted from the relapse? I had been many years sober and if I remember right my sleep patterns had gotten back to somewhat normal after about a week or 10 days sober, in the past? Any advise is appreciated.