View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi strategery.

Back in those early weeks and months of my sobriety I too was super-critical of myself. In group therapy I came to realize shame and guilt I was carrying around unresolved was why I couldn't allow myself off the hamster wheel of self-criticism. It became impossible for me to really move ahead until I came face to face with myself about shame and guilt. Without the booze, I had more clarity of mind after a couple weeks of being clean, and I was so use to pushing down my shame and guilt I automatically did so, even without the booze. Well, without the booze, pushing it all away didn't really happen, and so I fell into pushing almost everything away, and this included feeling proud on my accomplishments as well. Kind of like using a shotgun effect to get rid of the bad but wrecking the good too.

Have you been working on any of your possible regrets, shames, and guilt?
If not, you may find some relief by doing so. And if you are already, you may want to tweak what is working to feel better asap.

Just food for thought if nothing else based on my own experiences. I hope things work out for you. Since your sober, you have every right to feel proud of yourself and your accomplishments!