View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Suzieq17

I can relate.

Honestly, after I quit drinking, I was just sober and going through the motions.

I had to dig deep emotionally and make some changes.

I decided not to go back to work after I had my second child. I realized that the job was unfulfilling for me. It was scary, but I took a leap. Then I got sober. I went thru the motions for a few months, then I had a spiritual awakening. I have stayed home with the kids for about a year and found true joy and happiness.

Since making this change, new doors have opened. I found that I like to walk every day. I enjoy and appreciate the public library. I have learned that while I was working we wasted a lot of money. I have been humbled by a very tight budget. I have less stress. I enjoy every minute with my family.

And I still get job offers. I am contemplating an offer right now. The thing is now is that I have more control over what I do and don't what to do.

My entire life I was so scared to take any risks. Growing up in an alcoholic family, all I wanted was order.

I finally took that leap of faith and its changed my life in so many amazing ways.

So, my advice to you would be, take some chances. It doesn't have to be drastic, like quitting your job, but maybe get out of your comfort zone a bit. See if that opens any doors to true joy and happiness.

Best of luck to you :-)