Old 04-20-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Pouncer

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
Hi Pouncer! I had a few rough days this last week myself. I'm better now. Made it through and you will, too. It helps so much to have a place like SR to go where you will not be judged. I know you're going to be ok. My temptation came out of the blue and I thought it out. Thought about where it could (would) lead. Did I really want to do this? The answer was NO, a hundred times NO. This will pass for you. Give it some time to go through you and out. It will. Love, Elseware
It really helps to have non-judgmental place. I got rrrrreally depressed a few days ago after (stupidly) reading comment from a story about a celebrity who got sober. It was horrible. I can understand people not feeling sorry for alcoholics, but saying that someone who was over 5 years sober was (still) a drain on society, immoral and he and all other alcoholics should just commit suicide to rid the world of all alcoholics and addicts...? Yada yada.

I suppose I am proactively trying to prevent a relapse. I am not craving alcohol right now. In fact, I am off to pour the last bottle of hard liquor in the sink. I told my husband to get rid of it, but he still hasn't.