Thread: Moderation
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
MJane91

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
my biggest problem with moderation , was before drinking I would be all for it. Once I started drinking the itch would start , my inhibition levels would drop , the internal eff it button would get activated and I was off to the races, so to speak. That damn itch got me every time, if you know what I mean, moderation is going to be extremely difficult. Way harder than choosing to not drink, that itch is a bitch, and I am not sure if it ever goes away, and by 47 I finally learned to quit trying to see if it does. Well , it's gone now and will never come back, but only because I choose not to drink. I still do everything else in life I want, just not that one thing , and the more time that passes since my last drink the smaller that one thing becomes.
Wish you well
I think i understand now you'll always think just one or two will be okay but the your inhibitions go out the window. Quitting is the best option especially if like me i relied on it to silence anxiety etc but now that's gone i don't need alcohol i think i was using it as a crutch and i do get urges but the longer and the more time i give it the urges will soon go i assuming.