Old 04-20-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
strangeangel

Hi Cambie,

Interesting.. I am not a doctor but I work in a field where I see a lot of children on meds for ADD. What I've learned over the years is the Adderall/Xanax combo doesn't make sense (At least to me). do you take the Xanax to help you sleep bc the Adderall keeps you awake? I've seen this have negative affects on the kiddos I work with. You shouldn't need a med to counteract your stimulant. It's possible that you could be taking too much. Maybe talk with the doc about a different dosage so you want nix the Xanax. Lexapro is difficult to abuse, according to my doc ( I take it too). I know I would abuse Xanax if I took it (have in the past) feeling anxious? Pop a Xanax! Don't want to deal with your depression or a bad day? Pop a Xanax and melt away... That was my MO. I'd chat with doctor about if and maybe get a second opinion. Also, realllyyy look into why you take your Adderall. Maybe try a different add med with no stimulant (vyvanse is a good one). Again, this is my opinion and experience. I am obviously unfamiliar with your situation and experience. Hugs!