Thread: Trying hard
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TroyW

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If you've got a citation for that, I'd like to see it Troy?
I've read it in several places, but here's a couple:

Delirium tremens: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Under Causes, it states "Delirium tremens can occur when you stop drinking alcohol after a period of heavy drinking, especially if you do not eat enough food."

Alcohol Detoxification | Health | Patient.co.uk

Under Vitamin Supplements, it says "This is because many people who are dependent on alcohol do not eat properly and can lack certain vitamins. A lack of vitamin B1 is the most common. A lack of this vitamin can cause serious brain conditions."

Sorry, can't seem to find the best reference I read on it though. Not sure what site that was on, but it was a reputable medical site.

That, and my own personal experience. If I binge for a couple weeks until my body shuts down, then decide that's a good time to detox, the withdrawals will generally be quite horrible. On the flip side, if I try to at least somewhat plan it, and ensure to eat a good meal just before going to sleep before I detox, then the withdrawals are nowhere near as bad. Again, everyone's body is different. I'm just saying what works for me, but yeah, doctor visit is always best.