View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
immri

Nonsensical, I did very similar things and when I first read that I actually though 'sure, makes sense' I'm only 3 weeks sober so I guess I'm still stuck in that crazy thinking!! At least I can step outside of that and see that logically it's insane. But yes, totally relate

Actually it made me think, the last time I drank was in a public park, I had an hour that my family thought I was at the doctors and so I skulled a bottle of baileys-type drink of 8 or 9 standard drinks, then went back to the bottle shop and got another. Got half way through that before some kind strangers helped me out.
My point is, at the time that seemed perfectly logical to me because I knew I couldn't sneak alcohol home at that stage so if I drank enough quickly enough, I thought it'd last a few hours until bed time
That seems so dangerous and insane to me now, thank god. But our logic when we're drinking is not so good...

And despite how horrific that really is, it didn't really concern me at the time either, not even sober the next morning, I didn't think my alcoholism was progressing, I actually thought i was being quite clever