View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Welp ~

Imagine my lack of surprise. There IS an obvious word for IKEA Phobia. Not that there's anything wrong with that Phobia...

IKEAphobia

The fear of being stuck in IKEA and not being able to find your way out.
There's no way that I'm going back to IKEA. I spent an hour in that maze of a store trying to escape. My wife says I have a case of IKEAphobia!

Urban Dictionary: IKEAphobia

Me, I like the Latin, or other, derivations to describe various Phobias. I guess those remind me of the made-up words from my fav old 'Roadrunner' Cartoons. Must be because I'm out here in Roadrunner -> Wile E. Coyote Territory that those Cartoons come to mind.

Before the Rain stopped a short time ago, I took the Pooch out for his last evening Nocturnicus Whizbladdermus. So, here he is in his dampened glory. My new Trailer Space technique is to make the Dinette into a 2nd Bed, and put his Bowser Bed on it. Along with his favorite Toy. My well-aged Slip-On Shoe seen at bottom left. Then, I have just enough room for this nice Camp Chair w/a recycled piece of Cherry Cabinet Wood to use as a Lap Table/TV Tray for Dinner. Hang the Verizon Air Modem 'Pez' remotely on a 3 Meter USB Cable in the Kitchen Window for a clear shot to the Cell Tower, and I'm smokin' on line! This Camping Joint has WiFi, but it bogs down - as do they all - as just about every Space fills up tonight, and Folks hop on that freebie connection.

Tent Campers on either side of me. A >$120k Mercedes Chassis RV catty-corner. A gleaming new 'Airstream' pulled by a 2015 Ford Diesel Truck. ~$85k + ~$70k, at least. BBQs goin'. Dogs being walked. ATVs en masse trailered in to ride the endless Desert Paths.

No boredom in Sobriety, lemme tell ya. Life Is A Carnival!

'Life Is A Carnival' ~ The Band ~ Live

-