Old 04-17-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
justlike4

Originally Posted by ajarlson View Post
So sorry to hear this, you're so young to have to deal with such a heavy burden. Do you have Alanon meetings you can go to? We as children of alcoholic parents must learn a few things, one being the mantra - you can't control it, you can't cure it, you didn't cause it... and another to be able to distance yourself, emotionally if not physically. My mother is surely drinking herself to death somewhere at this moment but she chose it over her family and she has hurt me and my kids too much to go back for more. Do what you can for yourself, hang in there, and visit here as much as you can - the people here are awesome and have all been where you are.
Hi there. Me and my brothers have looked into AA meetings again for her but apparently if you're not an alcoholic you can't attend. As for me I think I've found some closure here, from even researching/posting this just this morning I already feel like I've have so much support from you all I'm so grateful for it. I didn't expect to have responses but I did, and I'll definitely be using this more often.
I'm so sorry to hear about your issue with your mother, it really is difficult to accept the "3C's" which I hadn't heard of until today, but you're right I didn't cause it, I can't control it and I can't cure it. Hearing this phrase has really put my problems into perspective for me.
I can't thank you all enough for sharing your stories and helping me, I'm glad I discovered this forum and I don't feel so alone, so again thank you

X