View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Yah LBrain ~

You nailed it, Seen_yore. Lost in the Desert I be.

Except, it's Raining like 'Forty Bags Of MoFos', to use a Pal's 'unique' Unit-of-Measure. Drove through some daunting Spring Snow 'Slush' yesterday to get here, but the Weather broke open in E. Utah. No biggie.

Da Wife was headed East simultaneously to the City House, and turned back. White out conditions. SOOOOO, she's chilling Solo at the Ranchette while I do some Recon here around Moab for a later Trip rife with Marital Bliss. She's gonna miss the Chick Play on Sunday she was invited to. Looks like we'll hook up back at the Ranchette in a few days when I've had enough of myself.

Mighty amazing place. A walk back through Geologic Time, fo sho. The Weather eases up, and clears out starting mid-day tomorrow. I got the Pic below at the Colorado River during a break in the Rain this morning while out cruising with Da Pooch down a Road to a Potash Mine.

All the Public Campgrounds are jammed. Bazillions of Mountain Bikers. Kayakers. Grungers Galore. I'm here at my first-ever All American Campground, and it's good fun, actually. Met some Canucks last night adjacent, and we solved all the World's Problems. I helped them, at their request, with some next step Road Trip Planning. The Missus wants to see more of the Rockies. But, she's afraid of steep Drop-off Cliffs. So, I sent them up to Laramie WY in a few days for nice views sans peril.

Got plenty of Food, and 14' of Vintage Trailer Comfort goin' on. Lotsa 'free' Kilowatts to run the Trailer and Electric Heater included in the Daily Rental. Hot Showers 2 Spaces over. I'm glad I meandered into here, given the well-puddled Campsites I drove past this morning that I was considering. Also, all the Rock causes the Public Campsites to be about 30' tops back off of various Roads. Kinda sucky locations, actually. But, this Trip is all about figgerin' out such stuff for subsequent Trips. Less than a 3 hour drive for us when not Towing.

Popped on to this Thread yesterday, and I was already 6 Pages behind. Movin' & Groovin'! Or, is that Crankin' & Wankin'?-)

Had this one blasting yesterday while cruising though The Wild West.

'Summer Of '69' ~ Bryan Adams

-