View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
GracieLou

You tried, there is nothing wrong with that. It is what you learn from the experience that really matters here.

It hurts, it is not fair, it should not be that way and it is not that way for others. Your parents are who they are. You can't change them, we can't change anyone.

The only person we can change is ourselves and to protect ourselves from the emotional abuse that is placed on us. The tides will turn and not in hate and anger but when you get the point that you understand and accept that you deserve to be treated with love, honesty and respect. A parent does not have the right to stomp on those things or in those areas just because they are your parent. The "because I said so" does not apply here.

As an adult, you get to decide how you are treated. You can decide if that phone call or that conversation was worth you feeling hurt and angry. There is no way to win the game but you can simply refuse to play.

I am sorry it did not go well

It is hard and it takes time to grasp and comprehend it all. You could try a no contact for a time frame instead of "forever". Try thirty days. In that time read about NPD and post about your feelings. See if you feel differently as time goes on.

I looked at NC as I do sobriety, One day at a time.