View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cambie03

I also have trouble taking my medication (Lexapro) due to a bad memory and general procrastination issues, and if I don't take it for a few days, my anxiety starts ramping up and sobriety becomes really difficult. I've luckily got my husband involved, he's very organized and brings my meds to me every morning so I don't forget/procrastinate... LOL, it sounds a little weird/creepy to write "my husband brings me my meds" but it really has worked for me! If there's anyone you can get involved to help you I highly recommend it!

I think women's issues is a really important part of alcoholism and I found the book "Drink: The Intimate Relationship between Women and Alcohol" to be a complete eye opener. Basically says there are some things that might be harder on female alcoholics due to societal pressures including the madonna/***** complex (the expectation that women either perfect or bad with little in-between). I can only imagine that the societal pressures are even greater when you're a mother - but I found the book to be helpful in identifying the societal pressures, realizing that I identified with them, and then letting go of what society expected of me and what I needed to do to help myself. It really helped me in early sobriety so I highly recommend this book!