View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
freetosmile

No, I don't FEEL like he is manipulating me....but I'm relatively new in my own recovery and want to make sure I'm seeing the situation for what it IS- not how my codie brain sees it.....

And yes, it was December of 2014 that he went to treatment.

I guess I would like to give him credit for what he has done. He is NOT drinking, he has NOT been abusive, he has been working his ass off to catch us up on bills (all these home improvement supplies have been left overs from other jobs that his boss told him he could have)..........BUT (there's always a but)--- it really HASN'T been long at all. He still has sooooo much work to do in his own recovery-- but I would be skipping on over to his side of the street if I poked and prodded in that area.

I do honestly believe the meds are working. The kids have noticed, I have noticed, even his boss has noticed.

More will be revealed, I suppose....

I am just so confused. I will continue to be cautious, I will stick with the 6 months of sobriety before working on marriage, and I will continue to work in my own recovery.

Lex, I do feel the "strings"---- I just don't know what they are yet......

Very confused.

(plus, I have finals coming up and I'm terrified I'm going to do horrible on my math-- that class has been real rough on me as some of you know)