View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cambie03

Any Fellow Lawyers Out There?

I am just reaching one month sober. It has been very difficult but also eye opening about learning some of the things that caused me to drink - and I think a large part was stress caused by long hours and general dissatisfaction/disinterest with my job as a mid-level associate lawyer in a large law firm. I began drinking more during law school (I went into law to please my family, rather than as a passion--FYI, never a good idea). Then my drinking gradually progressed over the years to become very serious, thus my new sobriety.

I was just wondering if there were any other lawyers on this forum that wouldn't mind sharing their experiences of their job and what impact (if any) it had on drinking patterns, and even challenges to sobriety.

My biggest challenge to sobriety right now is that I'm continuing to be dissatisfied in my day to day job life (being sober has given me a lot of changes in my life, but unfortunately job happiness isn't one of them). I guess this is something I need to figure out down the road -- I don't feel I have the mental stability to completely switch careers right now, and I also have no clue what other job I would do, so I am sticking with law for the near future at least.

Hopefully I'm not alone and there are other lawyers that can relate. Would love to hear thoughts and experiences.

Last edited by cambie03; 04-16-2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: misspelling