View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Hi all,

Well I have reached the end of day ten. Thanks for the feedback posts. It really made my day to know that there are people following this post. I had no idea as I don't see any statistics on my iPad. I tried to get the melatonin tablets - discontinued in SA apparently. Instead they gave something called beta-sleep. It has valerian, Passion flower and hops in it. Now, anyone who knows anything about brewing beer, or home brewing knows about hops. It is used to bring bitterness, flavor and aroma to the beer. I was a very serious home brewer. So I am going to give them a spin and see how they go.

So, I am sitting in bed vaping on my silver cigar, sipping my camomile tea and wondering what to say.

Physically, I am now beyond the point of finished. I have been suffering from fatigue from 10:00 this morning already. I have had the headache from hell the whole day. Nothing I have taken for it seems to work. It is only starting to go now that I am in bed. I have added a new tablet to my arsenal, milkthistle. This is a natural herb that helps with liver rejuvenation. I used to take it when I was drinking and it always took the liver and kidney pain away. I happened to glance in the mirror today and am pleased to say that my complexion is clearing up and the color is returning to my face. The burning sensation is still there. The hand shakes are just perceivable. Other than these last few maladies, all the other WD symptoms are gone. I now suspect that the headaches are due to the lack of sleep and fatigue.

Mentally it was another great day. Even being this tired, I can still function in tip top shape. Well it is tip top shape compared to when I was drinking. I am starting to enjoy my work again. This is something that has been lacking for many years. I have received some startling comments from some of my senior colleagues who are not in know to the affect of "where have you been all these years?". It definitely made me think about how booze actually dulls the brain. I have become more attentive. I was able to listen, without interrupting, to my smoking buddies account of her accident. Now the guys out there, would know that we only want you ladies to get to the point. Well, I suppose it is like that when you drink, you do not have the time or the patience to listen, really listen to what a person of the opposite sex is telling you. Another regret from when I was drinking.

Emotionally, it has been a so so day. Not as down as the other day, but not chipper. I have received some great suggestions for books, not just in this thread, but on other posts today. I have bought them all for my kindle and as soon as I finish my current book, I shall start with those.

I am quite chuffed with myself. I have just finished the last smoke out of my box that I opened this morning. Mind you, I did not smoke them all as my smoking buddy ran out. So I was sharing with her. I ate like a pig again today. Two pies for lunch, soup and toast for dinner and ice cream for desert. Mind you, I was very good with the chocolate tonight. I am also finding that I am down to two NA beers a night, then I switch to water. This is a pleasant surprise for me.

I still do not experience any physical cravings for alcohol. I have had the AV a few times, but it is so brief that I hardly notice it. It may be that I am so embroiled in this emotional turmoil at the moment that I am just not noticing it. If this is the case, then I am grateful for that. From what I have read in some of the posts, the AV seems to be constantly bothering some poor souls. I don't know why that is. Maybe I just drank myself to saturation? I don't really know. What I do know is that I am grateful not to have cravings and not to be constantly bothered by the AV. I am grateful to still be alive today and not to have pissed my life away before my own eyes.

As always, be safe and be strong

Cheers,

ZAB