View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marcus

Fist off welcome to the forum.

I am not sure where you live, but in my area there are several behavioral health hospitals that offer inpatient detox. Usually 4 or 5 days to get past the worst of the symptoms. Obviously this is just a first step to help you get through withdrawals in a safe environment. Rapid detox is so expensive and I don't think the end result gets you much more than a traditional inpatient detox.

These same hospitals offer outpatient treatment (evening classes for those working) and partial hospitalization programs (you still go home, but are there from like 9am-5pm 5 days a week).

I know you said your insurance will only cover 30-90 programs, but I would see if you can locate a similar place near you and contact them. Make an appointment to go in and talk with someone. They will usually work with your insurance and often have a sliding pay scale if it comes to that. I don't know how much you are spending on H, but for me continuing to use was going to be MUCH more expensive than paying for treatment.

Does your work / insurance have an Employee Assistance Program? I know people are scared to use them, but that is what they are there for. I had to use mine a couple of times unfortunately.

I am 3 years clean from a $200 a day habit so it is entirely possible. I hope you find something that works for you. I have 3 kids myself and finally getting clean was by far the best thing I ever did. Take Care!!!