View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EpiphanyNow

How and where to seek help

Hi all,
I am new to this site and new to recovery. I started out on opiate pain killers after a car accident. Then got kicked out of my doctor for failing a drug test. After buying pills off of the streets and pissing away all of my savings, I switched over to heroin. I desperately want off of this.

I have been trying to get assistance with detox. My health insurance will only cover traditional 30-90 inpatient programs. They do not cover rapid detox, ***** or anything else experimental. I have called 5 methadone clinics in my area and the shortest wait time is 2 months. I have called various suboxone clinics and haven't had much luck finding one to get in any sooner.

I work a full time job and have a family. I don't have the funds to pay for treatment out of pocket. I just don't think I can disappear for 1-3 months to go with the only program my insurance will pay for. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or any ideas for resources to get suggestions? Like I said, I am new to this and I am spinning my wheels and scared! Thank you in advance for your help!!