View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Gilmer

WeHav, you've always known that J. is a bear with anxiety. Now with wedding stress it's just gone off the charts. Soon all this drama will be over--poof!--and there will be nothing but normal daily life.

Weddings are a mountain of hype--mostly the rest of the world pouring out their issues on you and you scrambling to meet everybody's demands. The big day ticks by in a few hours--and then it's over!

For my wedding, I saved up my money and splurged on a perfect dress. But then the demands and vicious territorial fighting started and I gained 20 pounds. When the wonder dress arrived, it didn't fit! The seamstress got really mad. She had to add big lace panels on each side seam so that I could zip it! Plus, I had to wear the corset from hell!

All that vanity, and I ended up looking mediocre! And all the different factions were fighting! Bad, embarrassing moments at the reception, too. I was glad when it was all over.

God forbid anything should happen to my husband; but if I was ever in the position to marry again, I'd go smaller--WAY smaller.

I know it's probably too late in the game, but have you considered eloping?