View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
jaxees

I wrote about my other ptsd symptoms or causes for them under introducing myself on this forum. It certainly isn't just about airplanes. I jsut recently became aware of ptsd. I have heard of it but never thought the events I had lived through were BIG or BAD enough to cause that in me. I was stronger than that and my problems were not as bad as others. My suffering can not be compared to others. I even felt inadequate of being allowed to have my own suffering.

Just from the few days of reading here, I guess I had better start researching where to seek help in my area. I applaud you for the 5 years you spent in understanding what you needed to do.

I was given ativan once, I thought it was strong! At the time though I had hyperthyroidism. I was down to 105. So, low dose xanax is the treatment of choice for me. I would prefer to learn to live without alcohol or drugs, but there is definately a need for the xanax from time to time.

I am going to work on that drinking problem. I can't picture continuing on this way.
There has to be a point in my life where I am free of the self loathing...