Old 04-15-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Ok, well, some things to report. Mostly negative, but I have not had another drink.

So last night this thread put me in such a panic that I actually rushed to A&E, they did some tests on me and told me that I was not at that point exhibiting any serious withdrawal symptoms and was most likely just having a panic attack. They sent me home with a 'why are you wasting our time' look on their faces, and I felt a lot calmer.

Today I did not drink, however I did put myself in drinking environments, which I assume is not a good idea. I focused on telling myself 'I will not drink, what can I do next to avoid drinking'. At 10pm I went to a bar to watch the football match, I drank cola and ate a burger, focusing on the football provided me with enough entertainment not to think about drinking. However, at the end of the match I bumped into a friend I have here, he asked me to come to another bar. I said I was on antibiotics and could not drink, so I just stayed for one hour and drank a non alcoholic drink. However, I assume this kind of behaviour is not positive for commitment to not drinking?