View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
allmirages

So happy for you CarmenLove. My Alanon meeting is tonight, every Tuesday and I'm looking forward to it. I find myself getting so caught up in negative feelings and thoughts more often that I want and feel it is preventing me from really moving past all the hurt, etc.

MissUs is right on target with the daily readers. I have 2. I have been reading the "Courage to Change" and today's reading is so true. I hope it is ok to post this:

"Many of us develop a heightened awareness of our thoughts as we recover in Alanon. After a while, we are able to notice the change when our thinking becomes distorted. But if we wish to put a stop to negative thoughts, awareness is just the beginning.

When "stinking thinking" takes hold of me, I must do more than just dismiss the negative thoughts. I must replace them with something positive or I am likely to slide right back into my negative thinking."

There's more to it, but at the end "Today's Reminder" says "Today, I am going to pay close attention to what I tell myself. If necessary, I'll stop mid-thought, start over, and replace negative illusions with positive truths".

The last line really, really hits home for me. The life I thought we'd have, the man I thought he could be again.... just all kinds of thoughts on why he stopped talking to me, what he is doing, I could go on and on with random thoughts that pop into my head but they are all illusions. I have to be in the here and NOW and keep my focus on the positive TRUTHS.

I so needed to see your positive post today along with reading the above. I want to be happy, I want to be rid of my anger, betrayal, etc. I WANT to be at peace. I want to get on with MY LIFE. I don't want to be bitter. I think it's safe to say a lot of us here all want the same things, we want to heal.

So today, I will do my best to be positive and work through all of this. And, I wish you all find some form of peace in your lives today, and every day! Hugs!