View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 02:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Stikk

Originally Posted by wantneeda
Hi Stikk!!
Nice to see you my friend!!
I know those feelings...i been reminiscing lots myself lately. I remember one of my first party may longs...i was 16...i'd been kicked out of my moms house for staying out partying all weekend..anyways living with my girlfriend and her parents. We decided to go to Lake Invermere for the may long big bash...smokin' sh!t all the way out there, drinking, my firend and i went with my cousin...who happened to sell me some crap not long after that weekend that was actually vasaline...nice cousin..well, it rained most of the way out there...us girls had dresses on..by the time we finally got to the lake we were so out of it we stepped out of his van and fell flat on our a$$es. I lost my purse that weekend...too drunk to keep track of it...I actually got that purse back 6 months later...the rcmp found it on the other side of the lake...things that make you go hmmmm...all my money was gone but i got my id back. That was waaaay back when my addiction was starting to take a good strong hold of this girl...
You're doing so good Stikk, 51 days is an accomplishment!!!
And yes feel those feelings. When I was using it was anything to get away from those feelings.'
There's lots of other memories i visit...i can't shut the door on my past...but as time goes by...and i stay clean and sober. Well they just don't have the power over me that they used to.
Do something nice for yourself today Stikk, you deserve it!
\\// Wendy
Hey Wendy; Yes these feellings are powerful and I can see now why I was avoiding them at any cost. OOpps almost to extinction. Those May Longs were mighty treacherous and I could hardly wait till the next one, another addiction, maybe. Livin on the edge and likin it, that's ....insane. I can see mother nature hasn't changed her ways, it's 4 AM and you guessed it......RAIN. The difference is you and I won't be sleepin in it. It will be nice someday, to look back on all that happened with a healthier attitude /outlook. Hope your happy and safe this weekend, I'm off to work and won't be back till Monday midnite. Keep in touch......Stikk